Consumer Information

Student Right to Know Disclosure

Click this link to view the student right to know disclosure.

Notice of Available Information

Click this link to view the Notice of Available Information.

Campus Safety and Security

Click the link to download and view the Annual Campus Security Report.

Three things to check carefully before applying to a college or university

Fees: Students often don't pay attention to fees. But fees can add thousands of dollars to the actual cost for college. Most colleges charge a parking fee, a library fee, a technology fee, and application, a lab fee, a graduation fee, and even more. All those "extra" fees add up and cost the student real money. Find a college or university that doesn't charge a whole bunch of fees and is crystal clear about the actual cost to earn your degree. Some colleges charge a parking fee, a library fee, an application fee, an audit fee, a lab fee, technology fee, ATI fee, graduation fee, placement testing, and even more. These fees can add thousands of dollars to the tuition. Find a college or university that does not charge additional fees.

Textbooks: Many colleges and universities require you to purchase textbooks and supplies. This can add thousands of dollars to the tuition. Find a college or university that provides books, ebooks and/or other necessary resources at no extra charge.

Grants, loans, and scholarships: Student financial aid can be complex and you need help to be sure that you will get all the financial aid, grants, and loans for which you qualify. Find a college or university that has financial planners that are actually available and willing to help you with all of the forms and paperwork and will work on your behalf to find all the assistance you could qualify for.

Tuition can mean many things at different colleges, make sure you understand ALL the costs to earn your degree and graduate!


Click on this link for a copy of the college catalog.

ACCSC Graduation & Employment Rates

Click here for the current Independence University - Online Graduation and Employment rates as reported to ACCSC.

Click here for the current Independence University - Utah Campus Graduation and Employment rates as reported to ACCSC.

Professional License Disclosures


As part of, West Haven (Ogden), Independence University, is approved as an NC-SARA participating institution.

Drug and Alcohol Abuse Awareness Program

See the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Awareness Program included in the Annual Campus Security Report.


Students are not required to buy textbooks. Whether you study online or at our beautiful Utah (West Haven/Ogden) campus, you will have access to convenient ebooks and open resource materials that help keep your expenses low.

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Regulations

Details regarding the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Disability Services

Eligibility for Services

In order to receive accommodations, students must meet the following criteria:

  1. Have a documented disability (documentation must be supplied) that presents a significant barrier to the educational process, and
  2. Request services from Disability Services through the Dean or Director of Student Services.

Documentation Requirements

Students are required to provide the institution with medical or psychological documentation in order to receive accommodations. All medical information received by the Institution remains confidential and is released to other Institution personnel only with the student’s written permission. Specific documentation requirements may vary slightly depending on the disability. Generally, students should use the following guidelines in determining what constitutes adequate documentation:

  • Statement of disability, including diagnosis, instruments/ tests used to reach that diagnosis, and current medications (if any) used to treat the condition and their potential side effects, signed by a qualified medical/psychological professional;
  • Statement of the current impact of the disability on academic performance;
  • Recommendations for appropriate academic accommodations.

If the student’s documentation is not current (within the last three to five years), or if the student has a learning disability and the most recent testing was prior to age 16, the student will be asked to seek more current testing and/or diagnostic information. This is to ensure that any accommodations made by the Institution are best suited to the student’s current needs and/or level of functioning.


Students with disabilities are entitled to reasonable accommodations at the Institution. Institution management will determine what reasonable accommodations to provide based upon appropriate documentation that outlines the needs of the student and the demands of the course.

Copyright Infringement Policy

Information on the institution’s copyright infringement policy.

Timely Warning Plan

Our Timely Warning Plan is included in the Annual Security Report.

Voter Registration

For information on how to register to vote:

Complaint Procedure Information

If you have a complaint, please contact the Student Complaint Hotline at or (877) 402-0954.

State Disclosures

Utah Division of Consumer Protection:

ACCSC Grievance Policy

Schools accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges must have a procedure and operational plan for handling student complaints. If a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student can consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints considered by the Commission must be in written form, with permission from the complainant(s) for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint and will be notified of the Commission’s final resolution. Please direct all inquiries to: Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, 2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201; 703-247-4212; A copy of the Commission’s complaint form is available at the school and can be obtained by contacting the Campus Director.



Nursing Student Handbook

To download Nursing Student Handbook click here.

Program Outcomes

Program outcomes are developed as performance indicators which provide evidence that the SHC – Associate Degree Nursing program is meeting the mission and goals set by administration and faculty. The program outcomes have been developed using the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA) criteria as guidelines. At the completion of the program of learning, the following outcomes will be achieved:

Outcome 1:

80% of Independence University Utah (West Haven/Ogden) Campus college associate degree nursing program graduating students will pass the NCLEX RN exam on their first attempt.

Year IU Pass Rate Utah Mean Pass Rate National Mean Pass Rate
2017 76.9% 85.5% 87.1%
2018 87.5% 86.4% 89.41%
2019 80% 78.07% 79.14%
Overall 3 year pass rate = 82.2%

Outcome 2:

At least 75% of nursing students will complete the nursing courses within 16 Months of entering the core nursing courses.

Year SHC Program Completion (Graduation) Rate
2017 76.8%
2018 90%
2019 78%

Outcome 3:

At least 75% of nursing graduates will be employed in the nursing profession or enrolled in a continuation program i.e. RN-BSN, RN-MSN, within six months of graduation.

Year SHC Program Placement Rate
2017 83.7%
2018 100%
2019 71%

Outcome 4:

75% of nursing students will demonstrate satisfaction by a score of 90% or greater on the end of course student satisfaction survey.

Year Student Satisfaction
2017 97%
2018 98.4%
2019 97%



CAAHEP-accredited programs are required to submit an Annual Report Form that contains the outcomes that are outlined in the CAAHEP Standards and Guidelines. The outcomes provide valuable information regarding the program’s success and accountability.

Outcomes 2017 2018
Graduate Job Placement Rate 80%
Certification Exam Pass Rate 86.7%



Outcomes Data 08/01/16 - 07/31/17 08/01/15 - 07/31/16 08/01/14 - 07/31/15 08/01/13 - 07/31/14 08/01/12 - 07/31/13
Outcome Assessment Participation 92% 100% 80% 73% 100%
Outcome Assessment Exam (OAE) 92% 100% 80% 73% 100%
Graduate Placement TBD 79% 80% 82% 82%


  1. Except for a few programs (see catalog), Independence University does not charge extra fees or charge for books and supplies. Independence University provides students with a laptop computer with software that the student can use in school and keep upon graduation. To compare our tuition to the tuition of another institution, you would need to add up the other institution’s cost for tuition, books, fees, supplies, a tablet, a laptop, and software before making such comparison.